We act for international energy companies, governments and government-owned entities, developers, lenders, EPC and O&M contractors and service companies. Our expertise is concentrated in the Middle East where we have over 50 years' experience of assisting our clients with oil and gas projects.
We are familiar with the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors and regularly advise on pipelines, oil and gas sales agreements, concessions and PSAs, petrochemicals and LNG projects. We work closely with other specialists on related areas including environmental law, corporate law and finance.
Our experience in the Middle East gives us a clear understanding of how projects can be delivered in the region efficiently and cost-effectively. We have dealt with governments across the region and can offer practical advice on how to get projects completed within aggressive timetables. We regularly act as lead counsel for our clients and provide local law advice in the countries where we operate.
Our experienced team also understands the complexities of building the real infrastructure associated with oil and gas developments, often in challenging jurisdictions. We bring a wider experience of infrastructure projects outside of just the energy sector. We have assisted the construction of significant assets across the world and are familiar with all major contracting forms.
- Advising and negotiating the grant of concession agreements and licenses
- Advising and negotiating joint operating, farm-in and tie-in agreements
- Advising on feedstock supply and product off-take arrangements, including toll processing agreements
- Advising on joint venture and consortium agreements
- Drafting and negotiating EPC / ECPM and O&M contracts
- Drafting and negotiating transportation agreements
- Advising on project finance, corporate finance and shareholder loan agreements
- Advising on the structuring and implementation of security packages