This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the Act) and sets out the steps Trowers & Hamlins LLP (the LLP) has taken to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in our supply chains or in any other part of our business. The Executive Committee of the LLP approved this statement for and on behalf of the members of the LLP. This statement relates to the period to 30 April 2019.
Trowers & Hamlins LLP is an international law firm headquartered in the UK, with offices in Manchester, Birmingham, London, Exeter, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain, Oman and Malaysia.
We work to the highest professional standards and comply with all laws, regulations and rules relevant to our business and we expect the same from our suppliers and business partners. The LLP's supply chain includes the following industries:
- cleaning services;
- courier services;
- conference suppliers; and
- recruitment agencies.
We have intrinsic core values around equality, diversity and inclusion and corporate social responsibility. We also have a whistleblowing policy which employees can utilise if they have concerns about any wrongdoing or breaches of the law or regulations. All concerns can be raised in confidence and without fear of disciplinary action.
Over the course of the previous year we have:
- continued with our risk assessment;
- introduced a programme requiring our new suppliers to complete a self-assessment. This has enabled us to develop risk profiles and communicate to our suppliers the standards and behaviours we expect from them;
- required our new and existing suppliers (upon renewal) to contractually agree to our expected standards and behaviour; and
- continued with our training to all new joiners.
Over the next 12 months we will be continuing with our:
- risk assessment and associated reporting and monitoring across all of our offices;
- policy to require all new suppliers and those whose contracts have come up for renewal to enter into a contractual commitment to ensure compliance with the relevant rules and regulations;
- training programme to all new joiners; and
- policy review programme.
We will also be introducing:
- an audit programme for our suppliers; and
- focused training for those directly involved with our suppliers.
Signed by Sara Bailey, Designated Member for and on behalf of Trowers & Hamlins LLP