Our public sector team is one of the largest and longest established teams in the UK focussing on local government work. We find answers to the challenge of managing budget pressures and the need to find new, sustainable sources of income to pay for vital public services.
Our broad experience of working with government, local authorities and investors, and private companies means we are often the interface between public sector organisations and the partners they rely on to supply and deliver services. Faced with dwindling resources and increasing public demand, we help clients find new ways to maintain services and provide new infrastructure. From social care to infrastructure projects, housing, education and daily services like waste collection and disposal – we are their trusted guides with the legal expertise and commercial know how to find solutions.
Public sector clients increasingly ask us to help them steer a course through increasing regulation, and growing scrutiny. As legal experts, we are also perfectly placed to help them generate long-term revenue from their capital assets. Leading strategic reviews and setting objectives, establishing innovative new entities and helping to manage procurement, contracts and implement new ways of delivering services are our core skills.
Our commercial clients have a key role in delivering innovation, skills and investment in public services. We help them by offering the legal and commercial expertise they need to identify and unlock opportunities and win work.
Focused on helping the public sector to take advantage of commercial opportunities and developing opportunities for the private sector to develop effective partnerships, we are politically aware and in tune with life in the public sector. Determined to help our clients deliver – we have decades of experience tackling everyday legal realities and finding solutions for the public sector’s greatest challenges.
- A core area of our business - demonstrating our strength and commitment to this sector
- True understanding of our clients, as many of our lawyers have worked in senior in-house legal roles in the public sector
- More nationally recognised experts than any other UK law firm
- Consistent top tier ranking for local government, procurement and public and administrative law and social housing in leading UK legal directories
- Uniquely placed at the intersection between public and private – experts at helping the two meet profitably and effectively
- Decades of experience at the heart of the public sector
- At the forefront of innovation in the sector