We help deliver sustainable, commercial solutions to the challenges being public service delivery; exploring opportunities to secure new sources of income and implementing projects supporting economic growth and regeneration.
We have worked on a number of transformational projects across many industry sectors. Each one is inevitably driven by unique circumstances and by the public sector including objectives, but collectively offering insight into the range of diverse solutions being implemented from wholly owned companies, shared services, joint ventures and mutuals.
Each project is unique and we add value by using our experience of delivering other similar projects, whether it is commissioning new services, outsourcing, managing or varying existing contracts, bringing services in-house or setting up local authority trading companies or joint ventures.
Our public law experts provide comprehensive legal solutions for you to deliver your project efficiently, on time and on budget. We are supported by our specialists in areas such as procurement law, funding, state aid, tax, employment and pensions who are all used to working with public sector clients and understand the sector specific political and legal issues involved.
We enable all parties to work together more effectively – and know there is a pressing need to find new ways for the public and private sectors to work together. It is increasingly important to develop trust and dialogue where all parties recognise each other’s goals and work together to deliver mutually beneficial, innovative solutions.
- Legal input to options appraisals including advising on statutory powers
- Contracts for works and services including outcomes focused arrangements, contract variations and exit strategies
- Setting up trading companies including advising on governance and funding arrangements
- Shared service arrangements including delegations, secondment arrangements and multi-authority Teckal delivery companies
- Joint ventures with private and third sector partners
- Procurement strategies and implementation