HR Law - September 2020
Welcome to the September edition of HR Law.
Please click on the links below to view the articles in this month's HR Law.
- Dismissal with no procedure following breakdown in working relations was for "some other substantial reason"
- Equal pay and operation of a material factor defence
- Anonymity order should have been considered by the tribunal given references to highly sensitive matters
- Employer's loss of trust and confidence in ex-employee must be taken into account where re-engagement is ordered
- Cycle couriers found to be workers
- Covid-19: adverse effects on the tribunal service
- Minimum self-isolation period extended to 10 days and new statutory sick pay provision for those self-isolating before an operation
- New government guidance published for employees self-isolating after returning to the UK