There is no doubt that build to rent (BTR) will be part of the solution to the housing crisis. It will deliver quality professionally managed homes across the country. These will be family homes as well as city centre apartments.
Now formally recognised in planning guidance the build to rent sector will continue to grow as investor interest and market demand remain strong. Trowers offers a residential real estate team that is strong in advising on private, public and third sector organisations on build to rent schemes.
Our team can help you from site acquisition through planning, funding and development stages to asset stabilisation and beyond. With many assets now entering management phase, we anticipate the development of the secondary market for build to rent assets and have established our systems for dealing with portfolio sales and purchases.
As one of the largest real estate teams in England we possess the depth of resource necessary to deliver such transactions at speed. We are passionate about delivering more successful build to rent product to the residential market – confident that it will provide excellent societal value and places that people will enjoy and cherish living in for years to come.
- At the forefront of advising on build to rent models including structuring corporate vehicles in a tax efficient and investment friendly way
- Development and construction of bespoke build to rent schemes and advising on the ongoing management
- The full spectrum of legal issues from governance through to institutional investment criteria
- Looking at existing portfolios and how these could be best dealt with from both a tax and risk point of view
- Our long experience in other residential sectors such as student housing and affordable means we are perfectly placed to advise on the pints of difference that rented accommodation has to housing for sale