HR Law – December 2019
Welcome to the December edition of HR Law. We wish all our readers a very happy Christmas and a prosperous and productive New Year!
In this issue we will cover the following themes and stories:
- Employee automatically unfairly dismissed for making protected disclosures even though person taking decision to dismiss was unaware of those disclosures
- Anti-trade union motivation on investigator's part could be attributed to employer
- Equal pay: material factor defence continues to operate until new decision on pay
- Homophobic remarks and the Equal Treatment Directive
- Member States can limit carry-over of holiday to 4 week entitlement under WTD in sickness absence cases
- Election manifestos: what's on the agenda for employment?
- Calculating holiday entitlement: new holiday calculator published by Government
- ICO publishes detailed guidance on special category data
Watch our latest future of work video where we discuss: Managing remote working.