New guidance on workplace health and wellbeing published by CBI
The Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has published guidance for employers and employees in order to better prioritise health and wellbeing. Recommendations include creating a culture where both physical and mental health have equal focus in the workplace and taking targeted action through early interventions.
The guidance highlights steps that firms can take to support workplace mental health.
- Working with external organisations to raise awareness of mental health
- Considering the needs of individuals inside and outside the workplace when developing their approach to health and wellbeing
- Giving people the option to work flexibly to help those experiencing poor health return to work
The CBI sets out three steps for employers:
- Prioritising health and wellbeing from the top
- Targeting action towards early interventions
- Embedding good health and wellbeing
For further information on wellbeing please refer to our recent bulletin, 'Wellbeing: no longer a nice to have'.
This article is taken from HR Law - October 2018