Webinar: Energy Crisis – how can residential landlords navigate the energy market?
Wednesday 18 January 2023
11:00am - 12:15pmRegister here
The UK energy market presents a fast-moving and complex challenge for the sector. Energy costs have moved to the top of the agenda, with more tenants in fuel poverty than ever before.
Rising energy prices, delivering net zero and rent caps create a challenging operating environment. Understanding the energy market and protecting tenants has never been more important.
Join speakers from Trowers & Hamlins, Cornwall Insight (a market-leading energy consultancy) and LASER Energy to understand the latest developments in the energy market, how landlords should navigate the challenges and the opportunities for retrofit. Key topics to be covered include:
- Current energy market trends
- Unpacking energy price components
- Government policy and price caps
- Options for procuring energy
- Landlord/tenant and service charge recovery issues
- Demand reduction and retrofit
- Models for renewable energy
The speakers include:
- Daniel Atzori, PhD, Group Research Partner, Cornwall Insight
- Tom Goswell, Head of Consumer Markets, Cornwall Insight
- Kathleen Reid, Energy Procurement Manager, LASER
- Katie Dyer, Partner, Trowers & Hamlins
- Chris Paul, Partner, Trowers & Hamlins
- Doug Rhodes, Partner, Trowers & Hamlins
Fair processing notice
If you decide to participate in one of our webinars, we may record the webinar and any contribution you make to it. If you would like your contribution to be anonymous, please can you state this if you are e-mailing in a question or query. For the recorded information, we remain the data controller and by making a contribution in a webinar you are giving us your consent to record that contribution and to use it for any purpose in relation to the subject of the webinar.
Under the definitions in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Trowers & Hamlins LLP is the Data Controller for information we process from you to engage with you. Should you decide to engage in one of our webinars, you will need to sign up to the zoom service, and for your use of their service, Zoom will be the data controller. You can find the zoom privacy information here at: https://zoom.us/privacy. You will also need to agree to their terms and conditions https://zoom.us/terms. You should be aware that Zoom processes information in the US.
For further information, please see our full Fair Processing Notice.