Trowers & Hamlins has an extensive knowledge of environmental, and health and safety law, with specialist lawyers who are able to provide advice and guidance both on an ad hoc basis, as well as to provide legal advice at short notice for incidents, such as water pollution events, fuel spills, gas leaks, waste mismanagement and fires.
We have considerable experience of assisting property owners and managers with the regulatory impacts of non-compliance, such as how to deal with statutory notices, interviews under caution, regulatory investigations and the threat of prosecution. We regularly advise landowners on management of asbestos within their property portfolios, as well as on a variety of property-specific issues such as gas and electrical safety, legionella, radiation, fire, insect infestations, noise and light pollution. When things go wrong, it is important to have trusted advisers on hand who know your business and have the necessary experience to liaise with regulators and advise on the best way to manage the risks to your organisation.
We advise on the whole range of contentious and non-contentious health, safety and environmental matters.
- Advice on health and safety procedures and policies
- Governance and reporting issues
- Identification and appointment of competent duty holders
- Contractual provisions for managing risks through service level agreements
- Crisis management following more serious incidents, including fatalities
- Criminal prosecutions, reputational damage and public relations issues