William’s practice reflects the wide range of clients for whom he has acted during a career spanning over 20 years.
In that time he has acted for UK, Middle Eastern and Asian institutional investors, developers, property companies, banks, investment advisors, private individuals and family offices.
William has extensive experience in buying and selling central London and regional offices, retail parks and industrial assets. Recently he has advised on:
- acquisition (and subsequent work-out) of a substantial loan book portfolio
- development, letting and disposal of an out of town retail park
- acquisition and financing of two out-of-town retail parks
- various acquisitions and disposals of City offices for Malaysian and Chinese investors
- the acquisition for Middle Eastern investors of a large residential development site in London’s Docklands.
He has a particular interest in sustainable development, and is currently advising on the development of a high-quality, mixed-use community using socially and environmentally responsible development methods on the outskirts of London.
William is the Global Head of Real Estate for Interlaw, the elite network of independent law firms, and is responsible for promoting cross-border real estate capabilities of Interlaw firms based in over 150 cities across the world.