Webinar: Climate Change – Building for the future
Following our initial session on Climate Change and its predicted impact in the UK, the second webinar in our Climate Change series focused on the role of the built environment to reduce emissions and deliver climate change adaptation.
Speakers from Trowers & Hamlins and Rory Bergin from HTA Design discussed how Building Regulations are changing, the importance of building design and green infrastructure to future proof developments, and the role of planning in addressing both biodiversity and climate change. Key topics covered included:
- Changing Building Regulations and the Future Homes Standard
- Status of the National Adaptation Programme
- Rising temperatures and overheating
- Extreme weather events
- Flood risks and water management
- Role of planning
- The Environment Bill and Biodiversity Net Gain
Watch our first webinar in this series, Climate change – Preparing for the future, here.
The webinar recording can be seen below: