Data subject access requests - taking the load from you
Employees, workers, customers and clients are becoming more aware of their rights requesting data being held by employers or other organisations. Dealing with a DSAR can be complex, time consuming and expensive due to the volume of data held, there being no legally prescribed format and the DSAR not needing to be addressed to a particular or relevant individual in the organisation. The request does not even have to reference "subject access", "DPA" or "GDPR".
With the future of work becoming increasingly digitalised and data driven, the volume of DSARs being made is increasing, often resulting in huge numbers of documents. Are you ready to deal with them?
What Trowers can do to take the load:
Advise you on the timeframes involved and liaise with your HR team to identify potential sources of personal data relating to an individual and setting up search parameters;
- Use artificial intelligence and specialist providers to help process and manage the DSAR to reduce the volume of documentation involved and increase speed;
- Arrange a team across our offices to assist your review or carry out the review exercise for you;
- Reduce the volume of documentation involved by highlighting those exempt from disclosure on the grounds of irrelevance, legal professional privilege or third party data;
- Redact the data to ensure that no data breach and associated penalties;
- Liaise with the individual making the DSAR, providing an explanation of the data provided or withheld to remove the likelihood of a complaint to the ICO or further requests;
- Assist you with a wider analysis, such as any potential employment claims;
- Streamline the whole process from start to finish to reduce the time and cost; and
- Offer bespoke in-house training for your HR or company secretarial teams to improve practices for when a DSAR is received.