Webinar: Building a Safer Future and the in-occupation phase: what are the key issues?
The forthcoming Building a Safer Future regulatory regime will impact existing high rise residential buildings as well as new-builds.
The challenges involved in ensuring all existing buildings meet the "case for safety" have been well documented and will require new ways of thinking and significant investment. How can private and public-sector landlords ensure that these new requirements add value and ensure their residents are safe? What role will residents play under the new regime and how long will landlords have to implement the legislation?
Our panellists will discuss:
- Lessons learned from the industry competency working group for the Building Safety Manager
- How landlords can effectively implement the new regime and ensure the case for safety is made
- What will the new relationship between landlord and resident look like and how will it enhance the safety of their homes?
- Sofie Hooper, Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management
- Greg Wheeler, Savills
- Doug Rhodes, Trowers & Hamlins
- Sharron Webster, Trowers & Hamlins (Chair)