Consistently recognised in both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners for Administrative and Public Law – we are true experts in this field. Our team advise charities, schools, central and local government bodies, registered providers, contractors and private individuals on the full spectrum of public law disputes.
Our understanding of public law enables us to advise clients in respect of their consultation and decision-making procedures, mitigating against the risks of a successful challenge and ensuring proper audit trails are created.
Many of our cases have involved significant infrastructure or planning matters, where the need to resolve the disputed issue expeditiously is paramount, so we understand the real pressures our clients face.
We will always provide our clients with the benefits of our in depth and practice knowledge of the Judicial Review process.
Many of the matters we are involved in result in reported decisions before the High Court (including the Planning Court) and Court of Appeal.
Significant reported cases include:
- Acting for Wealden District Council in a challenge to the adoption by Lewes DC and South Downs National Park Authority of a joint core strategy on the grounds of breach of the Habitats Regulations.
- Acting for the London Borough of Enfield in the High Court and Court of Appeal in a challenge concerning the failure of the Secretary of State to take into account a major regeneration project when determining the East Anglia rail franchise.
- Representing the Nishkam School Trust, in defending an expedited judicial review claim challenging the grant of planning permission in respect of a Sikh based all faith school in west London.
- Representing Barnet London Borough Council in the High Court and Court of Appeal in a landmark case for commissioning councils.
- Consistently recognised in both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners for Administrative and Public Law
- Advising clients in consultations and decision-making to make sound decisions and mitigate the risk of challenge
- Involved in a number of significant reported cases
- Highly experienced team involved in all stages of the Judicial Review process