Alexander is a Solicitor in Trowers & Hamlins' Dispute Resolution & Litigation department.
Alexander advises on a wide range of commercial and contractual disputes with experience in institutional and ad hoc arbitration including debt disputes, fraud, shareholder, insurance, aviation, maritime and charterparty, oil and gas, engineering, financial and banking disputes.
He has particular experience with complex commercial disputes and cross-border litigation including proceedings in the English Courts, DIFC Courts, ADGM Courts, LCIA, SCMA and LMAA.
Alexander offers pragmatic and commercial advice to regional, national and international clients with experience of alternative dispute resolution procedures.
- Advising leading UK security, logistics and aviation service in respect of its contractual obligations and liabilities.
- Advising Middle Eastern client on defence to allegations for breach of contract concerning the encashment of guarantees and counterclaim for failure to deliver goods.
- Acting for Japanese insurance company in a subrogated cross border product liability claim.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in a UK based shareholder dispute concerning allegations of fraud and breach director's duties.
- Advising European engineering company in manufacturing dispute with UK scientific institution.
- Advising European manufacturing and engineering company of cross border contracts concerning issues of breach of contract, delay, liquidated damages and force majeure.
- Acting for a UAE domiciled company and high net worth Indian individual in proceedings valued at USD 45 million in DIFC, Texas and Mumbai regarding the distribution of family assets, businesses and income streams derived from those assets and businesses after the death of the family patriarch.
- Acting for Middle Eastern client in relation to allegations of breach of contract concerning confidential information and intellectual property arising from MENA distribution agreement.
- Advising Singapore based client in relation to a claim arising from the mis-selling of Cayman and Maltese investment products.
- Advising UK public body on cross border contract in relation to the supply COVID safety equipment.
- Acting for an Omani steel company in a LCIA arbitration seated in London concerning a dispute with an English based counterparty concerning allegations of a breach of a charterparty, Middle East banking law, the proper interpretation of a force majeure clause and rectification of contract (English and Oman law/English seat/LCIA Rules).
- Acting for leading international shipping port in LMAA arbitration proceedings seated in London concerning allegations of breach of contract with global cargo carrier (English and Oman law/English seat/LMAA Rules).
- Acting for UK insurers in ad hoc arbitral proceedings concerning insurance coverage dispute and allegations of breach of contract of insurance (English law/English seat).
- Acting for leading Singapore based maritime services company in SCMA proceedings in relation to dispute with a KSA domiciled oil and gas company concerning allegations of breach of vessel charters (English law/Singapore seat/SCMA Rules).
- Advising UK developer on the commencement of judicial review proceedings concerning material considerations by the Local Planning Authority in relation to London development and adjoining property.
- Acting for UK developer in relation to judicial review proceedings brought by an adjoining landowner concerning a large scale hybrid development scheme.