This week Victoria Robertson, Louis Sebastian and Chris Doherty from our Corporate Commercial Team talked about how data protection law influences and impacts upon your contracts and the importance of data protection by design not default.
Every business relationship is different and the best commercial contracts reflect this diversity. This principle is particularly the case when it comes to Data Protection. We explored how the nature, location and flow of your data feeds into your business terms and conditions and how compliance rests on capturing this properly.
Topics that the team covered include:
- Understanding contracting parties' roles as Controller and/or Processor
- Commercial considerations when negotiating DP clauses
- Mandatory processor clauses and good drafting techniques
- International data transfers
- Relevant changes in the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill
Click here to sign up to more webinars in this series.
This Q&As webinar session was recorded and can be viewed here: