Local Government Matters - May 2022
Brexit opportunities seem very limited in number. With the Procurement Bill, have we found one?
The Procurement Bill has now been tabled in Parliament and it aims to simplify and commercialise the procurement landscape post-Brexit. In this edition we include a summary of the key provisions. We are in the process of producing an Essential Guide to the Bill which we will provide in a future edition.
Also in this edition are a host of other articles include our comprehensive guide on Local Government Reform, in which we include a snapshot of examples of local government reorganisation and provide general guidance for other authorities who are considering transitioning to a unitary model or are already on that journey.
- Levelling Up White Paper - a sector-by-sector analysis
- Transforming Public Procurement: summary of the Procurement Bill
- Data Reform Bill
- Local government reform: bridging the divide
- The Queen's Speech 2022 – clearer direction on the levelling up agenda?
- Building Safety Act published
- Greener NHS procurement: new NHS procurement guidance on net zero and social value from 1 April 2022
- The S and G in ESG for Local government employers – How to become a Social Government employer!
- PFI exit – the seven-year itch
- Webinar: Disputes and risk
- Reviewing Judicial Review
Local government podcasts and webinars library