Local Government Matters Newsletter - January 2022
Like many working in the sector we are eagerly awaiting the Levelling Up White Paper. It won't be long now. It is difficult to remember a White Paper where so many expectations were being placed upon it. Will it deliver on the Government's central pledge to improve investment opportunities and quality of life in so called "left behind" areas? In this edition of Local Government Matters we include our own thoughts about some of the key issues.
There are also other topical articles and links to recent webinars that might be of interest. Wishing you all a levelled up, with no levelling down, 2022.
Click the links the below to access the full articles:
- Levelling Up: The Power and the Glory?
- Trowers comments: Devolve to deliver levelling up?
- Revisions to the Prudential Code provide useful clarity on local authority commercial investments
- Selling to Government: new guidance for SMEs
- Subsidy control's impact on land dealings
- How to escape the groundhog day of dodgy frameworks