National minimum wage increases announced for April 2021
The government has announced the new national minimum wage increases to take effect from 6 April 2021.
The national living wage (NLW), which currently only applies to workers aged 25 or over, will be extended to those aged 23 and 24.
- The NLW rate for those aged 23 or over will increase from £8.72 to £8.91.
- The national minimum wage (NMW) for those aged 21 and 22 will increase from £8.20 to £8.36.
- The NMW for those aged 18 to 20 will increase from £6.45 to £6.56.
- The NMW for those aged 16 to 17 will increase from £4.55 to £4.62.
- The apprentice rate will increase from £4.15 to £4.30.