Thinking Business – Issue One
Welcome to our first edition of Thinking Business, where we aim to share our expertise and ideas with you to support growth and sustainability for your business.
In this first edition of Thinking Business we’ve decided to focus on some of the more day-to-day issues we come across when talking to clients:
- Private capital in health and care can be an all-round winner - The UK is entering a period of unprecedented political uncertainty, and there is nothing of greater concern to investors than uncertainty.
- The Descendants - When we usually think of ‘business’, we naturally think of big business, household-name brands or headline-grabbing FTSE100 companies.
- Caveat emptor - Given that the majority of SMEs are family businesses, navigating a few quirks is par for the course for any purchaser.
- Buyout or sell-out, entrepreneurs choice? - Continuation of a family business through succession may not be possible, or even desirable, and many owner-managers set up not to create some kind of family dynasty, but with the express purpose of selling it, either to retire or to go off and do something else.
- Not just hackers in hoodies - When it comes to areas of business risk, those associated with IT are front of mind, at least where big business is concerned.