New year, new employment law: Are you ready for change? – London
2020 will see various changes to employment law, and the start of reforms planned by the new Government.
The off-payroll working rules (IR35) are extending to the private sector on 6 April 2020 and will affect all (apart from small) organisations that engage individual contractors or consultants through intermediaries such as personal service companies (PSCs).
In addition employers will have to issue written statements of terms to all workers (formerly this was just applicable to employees), and 2020 may well be the year when employment status (one of the key areas looked at in the Taylor Review) is reviewed under the government's Good Work plan.
The seminar will cover:
- How to assess whether IR35 applies
- What your responsibilities are under IR35
- What to include in written statements of terms and the new rules surrounding them
- Reviewing your contracts to incorporate necessary changes
- Why employment status matters and carrying out an audit of your workforce to ensure that you are treating people lawfully
- The new government's plans to implement its manifesto commitments.
Join us to learn how to put in place the appropriate measures to prepare yourselves for IR35, as well as ensuring that your contracts are watertight and incorporate the necessary changes.