Concern about environmentally sustainable solutions continues to drive the development of waste recycling and treatment infrastructure. Our Waste to Energy team acts for UK and international authorities and private sector contractors, bid sponsors and funders on a range of waste treatment infrastructure projects – delivering solutions to these challenges.
We are there to support clients at all stages of a project. For public authorities, we help to develop procurement strategies which maximise competition and value for money including considering risk allocation and key obligations in contract documents/ concession agreements to ensure strategic objectives are delivered. For the private sector, we help with structuring the delivery model including advising on contracts with construction contractors, technology suppliers and operators to deliver contractual clarity and protection for ProjectCo and sponsors.
The team provides the full range of services including advising on feedstock and supply agreements and power and electricity off-take agreements which are vital to support the revenue assumptions which underpin all waste infrastructure projects.
- We act for UK and international authorities, contractors, bid sponsors and funders
- Our closed projects include Energy from Waste, Advanced Thermal Treatment, Combined Heat and Power, Mechanical Treatment, MBT, Anaerobic Digestion and IVC technologies
- We advise on power purchase agreements (whether to the national grid or other private wire arrangements) and heat and cooling off-take arrangements
- In addition to public authority projects, we advise on merchant facility developments including feedstock and supply contracts for spare capacity at facilities
- Our multi-disciplinary team includes lawyers with the necessary construction law, real estate, environmental, banking and finance skills who understand the sector and play a key part in efficiently delivering complex waste infrastructure projects