Dan is an Associate Solicitor in Trowers & Hamlins' Exeter Office, advising regional and national clients on varied litigation matters, including Consumer Rights Act claims, boundary disputes, nuisance and trespass.
He acts for individuals and corporations referred by legal expense insurers, and demonstrates a strong ability to assist Clients with:
- Consumer disputes (acting for either Consumer or Service provider) for both breaches of contract and tort.
- Property disputes (including boundary disputes, Right of Way disputes, adverse possession, and nuisance).
- Professional Negligence claims against Surveyors, Solicitors, Barristers, and other professionals.
- Insurance Disputes (subrogated claims, policy coverage disputes).
Dan has previously worked as an in-house Litigation Solicitor for the FTSE250 company, Pennon Group Plc, and its subsidiaries, including South West Water. Dan started at Pennon as a newly qualified solicitor and quickly became responsible for overseeing the majority of the Group's civil claims, regularly advising on tortuous and contractual disputes. He was the key contact for South West Water's Customer Complaints Department, providing advice on a daily basis as to the company's liability for any dispute it received.
Whilst at Pennon, Dan also developed a strong understanding of the provisions of the Water Industry Act 1991, the dominant piece of legislation which applies to all water and sewerage providers, and from that gained a strong ability to advise South West Water on its obligations to:
- provide new water mains and foul sewers to developers
- adopt infrastructure that had already been installed by developers
- and remove infrastructure installed in third-party land.
Dan is able put this knowledge to use in private practice, assisting developers who may be experiencing issues with water main or sewer requisitions, adoption agreements, or who find Water and Sewerage providers assets that have been installed in their land without the due process being followed.