Webinar: Energy Crisis – how can residential landlords navigate the energy market?
The UK energy market presents a fast-moving and complex challenge for the sector. Energy costs have moved to the top of the agenda, with more tenants in fuel poverty than ever before.
Rising energy prices, delivering net zero and rent caps create a challenging operating environment. Understanding the energy market and protecting tenants has never been more important.
Our speakers from Trowers & Hamlins, Cornwall Insight (a market-leading energy consultancy) and LASER Energy discussed the latest developments in the energy market, how landlords should navigate the challenges and the opportunities for retrofit. Key topics that were covered include:
- Current energy market trends
- Unpacking energy price components
- Government policy and price caps
- Options for procuring energy
- Landlord/tenant and service charge recovery issues
- Demand reduction and retrofit
- Models for renewable energy