Local Government Matters - April 2022
The draft Building Safety Act is one of the most important pieces of legislation in living memory.
It has of course attracted considerable press attention and its passage through Parliament has shown how cross party working can improve the quality of legislation. If only all important and potentially life changing legislation could attract the same level of refinement for the good. We have included an update to the Draft Building Safety Act in this edition of Local Government Matters. For those who may have missed it previously we have also included our Essential Guide to the Draft Building Safety Act which many of our readers have commented favourably on. Please do share it with your colleagues.
Also in this edition are topical articles including an article on PPN 01/2022 (sadly Local Authorities are still bound by the inconvenience of the section 17 'non-commercial consideration' restraint when considering Russian involvement in contracts) a very interesting piece looking at the government's desire to get Pension Funds to invest locally to assist in Levelling Up and much more.
- Trowers & Hamlins' Essential Guide to the Draft Building Safety Act
- Building Safety Bill update
- A Trowers levelling up publication: Local government's central role
- PPN 01/22 – Contracts with suppliers from Russia and Belarus
- Is "levelling up" using LGPS funds just a romantic notion?
- Ali v Luton Borough Council: the protection of personal data and what this judgment means for local authorities
- MAT v MEAT: a reshuffling of the deckchairs?
- Does procurement law allow for female workforce quotas?
- Preparing for the Building Safety Bill
- Webinar: Subsidy Control Act – a new era?
Local government podcasts and webinars library