Local Government Matters – September 2020
Welcome to the September edition of Local Government Matters newsletter.
The September edition of Local Government Matters contains a fantastic interview with Ian Davis the Chief Executive of the London Borough of Enfield. It is great to hear from Ian about the pride that he has in the work that has been done by staff in the Council to help the community best cope with the effects of Covid 19. The tireless work of Enfield Council officers is not unique. It is typical of the approach adopted by local government in the course of the pandemic – above and beyond.
Also in this edition you will find quick and easy to read pieces about shared services (so important now when Councils are insourcing many more services), the important consultation proposal on public sector pensions and a call to arms to help Councils deliver more homes by removing government restrictions, amongst other pieces.
Click the links below to access the full articles.
- Trowers talks podcast: Resilience and recovery within the local government - Ian Davis
- The Review of Judicial Review: Call for Evidence
- The Town Fund - an update
- Shared Services – Collaboration is key
- Housing system: New council homes – a simple way of removing some restrictions
- Local authority owned registered providers
- Support care leavers through procurement - social value toolkit