Local Government Matters newsletter - June 2020
In June's edition of Local Government Matters, we continue to assess the Covid-19 situation and how it is currently affecting Public Sector bodies.
It now seems certain that we are moving into the Covid 19 recovery phase. With that in mind we have included in this latest edition of Local Government Matters an article on PPN 04/20 which focusses very much on the assistance that local authorities and other contracting authorities can provide to its contractors and suppliers to aid in that recovery. We also address the financial damage the pandemic has wrought on the sector as more authorities contemplate s114 notices. There are a number of other very topical (quick read) articles and insights.
We are also shortly to be producing a series of podcast interviews with leading figures in Local Government on moving from resilience to recover. Amongst other things we will be asking all participants to describe what they are most proud of in their authority's response to the pandemic. It’s a great question. So what are you most proud of? Why not let someone in your local authority know.
Please click on the links below to view the articles
- Balancing the budget: the impact of coronavirus on local authority finances
- Will PWLB new lending criteria impact housing?
- Cabinet Office Procurement Policy Note – Recovery and transition from Covid-19
- Managing the end of your authority's PFI contract
- Report into the risks of fraud and corruption in local government procurement
- Acas publishes guidance on the conduct of disciplinary and grievance procedures during the Covid-19 pandemic
To keep up to date with local government news please visit: www.trowers.com/localgovernment