Local government matters newsletter - July 2020
Welcome to the July edition of Local Government Matters newsletter.
We are delighted to share the first in our brand new Resilience and Recovery within Local Government podcast series. Look out for other interviews with senior officers and members from the local government world. Councillor Peter Fleming is our first guest and his unique position and insightful views creates a great start to this series.
In this latest edition of Local Government Matters we also have some really interesting articles including on public leisure provision (and the ways councils are working with operators to keep the show on the road) and on the new regulations on public sector exit payment caps. These may unfortunately become more relevant in the coming months when local authorities have to make difficult decisions about staffing levels in the light of the resources that are available to them.
Click the links below to access the full articles.
- Trowers Talks: resilience and recovery within local government - Peter Fleming
- Landlords must work fast as new building safety laws loom
- New permitted development rights – a taste of things to come?
- Leisure: centre of the storm
- Covid-19 — new powers for national and local government in next phase of recovery strategy
- Using the Towns Fund to promote prosperity and resilience
- Restriction of public sector exit payments
- Income-strip and housing supply