Thinking Business – Issue Two
Welcome to the second edition of Thinking Business, where we aim to share our expertise and ideas with you to support growth and sustainability for your business.
In this edition of Thinking Business we’ve decided to focus on some of the more day-to-day issues we come across when talking to clients:
- Family businesses – family businesses account for the vast majority of business in the GCC, but face a range of issues, from corporate governance to succession-planning and increased competition.
- Using capital – we ask how well set-up the GCC territories are to onboard foreign capital, and touch on some of the key issues around investment facing government and business alike.
- Public-Private Partnerships – co-operation between government and business is going to be vital in order to achieve the ambitious economic targets set in each GCC state. PPP is one model being talked about and we look at some of the challenges and opportunities presented by it.
- Urban development – property continues to be a key driver for economic growth across the region. We examine how a more strategic approach to development can create modern well planned cities.
- Key worker housing – the new service economies of the GCC require more and more workers, in areas like hospitality and retail. We look at how governments and developers are tackling the challenge of housing those employees.
To continue the discussion please follow @Trowers on Twitter or email us.