Subsidy Control Bill – a new approach to UK state support
The government has published the new bill which sets out the UK's approach to regulating public subsidies and support for economic (including socio-economic) activities.
The Trowers Subsidy Control team will be hosting a webinar on Wednesday 21 July at 2pm to explore this further.
The webinar addresses key changes which the bill introduces:
- Overview of the UK Subsidy Control bill
- How UK public authorities should apply the bill's subsidy principles when making decisions about public funding programmes and individual subsidy decisions
- Services of Public Economic Interest
- Regulating internal subsidy races and displacement in the UK internal market
- The subsidy control roles of the Competition and Markets Authority and the Competition Appeals Tribunal