Darren is a Partner in Trowers & Hamlins' Real Estate team.
Darren has c.14 years of experience as a real estate practitioner. He qualified, and spent the early part of his career, at Slaughter and May. Following relocation to Manchester, Darren has worked in other international law firms and has held a management role at a local authority. Darren is a qualified PRINCE 2 Practitioner with project management experience.
He has advised on a broad range of real estate matters for a variety of clients (including government bodies, local authorities and other public sector organisations, registered providers, property investors and developers, business owners and sporting organisations).
He acts on a wide range of development and regeneration schemes, property acquisitions and disposals and landlord and tenant work. He has also acted on real estate aspects of corporate work and for both borrowers and lenders on bespoke lending transactions.
Highlights include advising:
- a football club on real estate work relating to a stadium and a neighbouring residential scheme;
- on several major town regeneration schemes in North West England;
- the joint venture responsible for delivering a large airport development scheme;
- a local authority on the phased development of a 17 acre business park and a large supermarket site;
- a large institutional investor on the day to day management of a significant property portfolio;
- overseas investors on various UK property acquisitions (including a £53m office suite in the City of London); and
- a leading luxury spa provider on a circa £50m refinance.