Quarterly Housing Update – Winter 21/22
Welcome to the Winter edition of the Quarterly Housing Update, which brings together expertise from across Trowers & Hamlins and in particular highlights just how complex the implementation of new policy can be, and how both housing associations and local authorities need to remain alert to policy and legal changes that are afoot and which will materially impact on how housing and housing services are delivered.
In this edition we look at the following topics:
• Key points for local authorities and housing associations: Government Response to the Transforming Public Procurement consultation
• Right to Buy receipts: the new acquisition cap
• Offering deferred payment arrangements to leaseholders while remaining compliant with FCA regulation
• The Construction (Retentions Abolition) Bill 2021-22
• Joint ventures – preparation for separation
• The new shared ownership model leases – FAQs
• Building Safety Bill – what about the residents?
• New money, new ideas: Part 1 – joint venture approaches
To download the full edition please click here.