Building safety rules and costs – how can Councils and ALMOs respond?
The government’s recent response to last year's consultation on legislation for the “Building a Safer Future” regime sets out its further thinking on the radical new agenda for multi-storey residential buildings. Rebecca Rees and Ian Doolittle get beneath and behind the words to help Councils and ALMOs plan and pay for this challenging and expensive new regime. They will focus on the pressing task of dealing with existing buildings.
Rebecca and Ian will talk you through:
- What's in-scope and what's not?
- Who is going to bear the responsibilities of being a duty holder, an accountable person and a building safety manager?
- How do you create a safety case and get a building safety certificate?
- How must you engage with residents?
- How can you assess the costs?
- The 'when', 'what', and 'how' of incurring the costs'
- How can you pay for and if possible recover the costs?