Trowers & Hamlins

Sign up

Home » Legal Services » Practice Areas » Private Wealth » Residential property

Residential property

Residential property

A team of tax and estate planning specialists who concentrate on advising individuals, families and trustees both in the UK and internationally

Whether you are buying an apartment in London or selling a country estate, our residential property specialists will be able to guide you through the conveyancing process. We are used to dealing with unregistered land and complex transactions involving multiple ownership.

We regularly buy properties for overseas individuals and are able to advise you on the most appropriate holding structure to protect the value of your new property from tax in the UK.

Recent changes in legislation have meant that ownership structures that may have been efficient historically may need revising. We can advise on the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED), as we as 'de-enveloping' arrangements and the non -resident capital gains tax rules.

The top end of the London property market is very competitive and we are well placed to act quickly to secure the property that you want to buy. Our recent instructions range from selling part of a converted manor house for over £1 million to acting in the purchase of a £28 million London apartment.

We are also able to offer expert advice through our Exeter office with a focus on domestic conveyancing in the South West.

Key contacts