Trowers & Hamlins

Sign up

Home » Legal Services » Practice Areas » Private Wealth » Nationality & immigration issues

Nationality & immigration issues

Nationality & immigration issues

A team of tax and estate planning specialists who concentrate on advising individuals, families and trustees both in the UK and internationally

We can advise you on coming to live or work in the United Kingdom. We can guide you through the complex Immigration Rules, where necessary liaising with the Border and Immigration Agency on your behalf to ensure that you can come here safely and with the minimum of delay. We can also deal with visa applications for members of your household (e.g. nannies, maids, drivers).

Our international dimension means that we act for a number of overseas based clients, many of whom have children or other family members who choose to spend time working or studying in the United Kingdom. We are always available to assist them during their stay, not only by providing legal advice but also giving practical guidance regarding accommodation, bank accounts and any other issues - giving you peace of mind that they have somebody to turn to here for advice whilst you are overseas.

Key contact