Henna is a solicitor specialising in Public Sector Commercial law in the Corporate Department of Trowers & Hamlins. Henna advises public sector bodies, local authorities, contractors and trade associations on transactions involving the public and private sectors, including Teckal companies, LATCs, JV Mutuals, including navigating the complexities of legal powers, procurement, State aid, governance and company law.
She also advises on FOIA and data protection issues. Recent work that Henna has done includes:
- Advising the Royal Borough of Kingston on the establishment of multiple local authority companies. The advice included analysis of State aid procurement law, vires, fiduciary duties, especially VFM and other relevant issues particular to the project.
- Henna advised the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham in relation to an estate regeneration project. The advice focused particularly on vires.
- Advising Dorset County Council on the relevant legal aspects of establishing a domestic waste company and a commercial waste company, which included advising on vires, state aid, procurement, fiduciary duties and other, legislation.
- Providing procurement advice to the West of England Combined Authority in relation to grant funding a large scale and ground-breaking initiative.
- Advising a trade association by providing detailed analyses of local authority Teckal companies in relation to potential breaches of State aid, procurement law, vires, fiduciary duties, and other relevant legislation.
- Advising L&Q regarding the classification of companies as bodies governed by public law under the Procurement Rules.
- Providing procurement law advice to Homes England particularly focusing on the concept of competitive advantage.