Jordan is an Associate in Trowers & Hamlins' International Corporate, Tax and Private Wealth department based in Dubai.
Jordan advises on all aspects of both traditional and International private client work, tax and succession planning, including the following:
- The drafting of flexible, tax efficient English Wills to allow for IHT planning.
- Drafting DIFC and Abu Dhabi Wills for expatriates.
- Advising on the creation of both onshore and offshore trusts and the use of lifetime gifts in order to carry out lifetime and succession planning.
- Advising on residence and domicile, particularly with respect to the application of the Statutory Residence Test.
- Advising on residential property structures for purchase and sale with consideration of ATED, CGT, IHT and other applicable taxes. De-enveloping property where appropriate.
- Administration of a wide variety of international and domestic estates (often with business assets and/or foreign property).
- Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney and advising on other Court of Protection matters such as deputyship.
- Advising individuals with assets outside the UK and non-resident/domiciled individuals in the UK in relation to cross-border taxation and succession issues.
- Providing tax and structuring advice to non-resident/domiciled clients looking to invest in the UK.
- Advising clients on their philanthrophic objectives.