Our Education team of more than 40 lawyers advises on the full range of school, higher and further education projects and services across the UK and Middle East.
We consistently deliver practical and innovative solutions for our clients, including:
- establishing innovative models for providing education infrastructure
- assisting investors on the acquisitions of private school or FE college groups
- funding market-leading student accommodation schemes
- spin-outs of education services
- converting PFI schools to Academy status
- navigating complex legal matters arising from the Academies Act, or
- tackling governance issues and audits involving the EFA, Ofsted, SFA or other agencies.
Successful projects require experience and specialist knowledge to understand the issues that can arise as well as the implications for the public and private sector partners often entering into long-term contractual relationships. We have provided strategic advice on £2 billion worth of large-scale education infrastructure projects in the past five years alone.
In addition to project work, we resolve governance and compliance issues. This requires sensitivity and an in-depth understanding of legislation in this fast-changing sector. Education providers, skills providers and agencies are just some of those we have advised.