Public sector / Local government
Our highly respected public sector team provides practical, commercial, cost-effective legal advice to Government, local authorities and their private and third sector partners covering a wide range of business sectors.
We have more lawyers rated as national experts in local government, public and administrative and procurement law by the guides to profession than any other law firm.
Many team members have also held senior in-house legal roles in the public sector giving them a particular insight into political sensitivities and policy and how they can impact on project delivery.
The team provides a fully resourced service covering public law, procurement, state aid, corporate, funding, intellectual property, employment and pensions, construction, ICT, planning, property and regeneration.
- PPP/PFI (including variations to operational contracts)
- Review/audit of operational contracts
- Care and health projects
- Education projects
- ICT and Broadband
- Leisure projects
- Waste projects
- Vires reviews and audits
- EU Procurement
- State Aid
New service delivery models
- Shared service arrangements
- Joint ventures
- Municipal trading and local authority trading companies
- Payment by results contracts
- Private rented vehicles
- Local asset backed vehicles
- Self-build projects
- JVs and investment vehicles
- Town centre schemes
- Compliance and legal audit
- Designated Independent Person enquiries
Our expertise is recognised in our appointment to the Crown Commercial Service Legal Services Framework which is a means for Contracting Authorities to access legal services. Please click here for more details.